TOOSnews
Advertisement
The Taliban announced the expansion of telecommunications coverage in 13 border districts.
AfghanistanTOOS News

The Taliban announced the expansion of telecommunications coverage in 13 border districts.

August 21, 2026
Share
Summary

The Taliban’s Ministry of Communications and Information Technology says it has signed a contract worth more than 269 million Afghanis with Afghan Wireless Communication Company (AWCC) to expand telecommunications coverage in 13 border districts near the Durand Line.

Inayatullah Alokozay, spokesperson for the ministry, said that under the agreement, telecommunications towers will be constructed and communication services provided in 13 border districts across the provinces of Helmand, Kandahar, Paktika, and Zabul.

The Taliban’s Ministry of Communications claims that residents of these districts, located along the Durand Line, previously had no access to any telecommunications services.

The Taliban government had previously said that its leader, Hibatullah Akhundzada, had allocated funds to expand services in the border districts along the Durand Line, with the aim of facilitating reconstruction and the provision of other essential services in these areas.

Writer:Saeed Sameer

Follow us

Official channels for breaking news, clips, and updates.

@TOOSnews.com

Tap an icon to open our official channel.