Explosion at School in Western Kabul; Mohammad Mohaqeq Holds Taliban Responsible for Security.
Following an explosion at a private school in western Kabul, Mohammad Mohaqeq, leader of the Islamic Unity Party of the People of Afghanistan, held the Taliban, as the de facto rulers of the country, responsible for ensuring the security and protecting the lives and property of citizens.
In a statement issued today, Tuesday, 27 Asad, Mohaqeq said that, given the Taliban’s control over Afghanistan, they are responsible for protecting the lives, property, and dignity of people in areas under their control.
Mohaqeq described the incident as “tragic,” saying that the targeting of a group of students who were engaged in education and learning demonstrated the cruelty and brutality of those responsible.
He added that, given the Taliban’s claim of having complete control over Afghanistan, responsibility for ensuring security in the area and preventing such incidents rests with them.
According to Mohaqeq, information he had received indicated that two individuals riding a motorcycle had thrown two hand grenades into the school compound.
The explosion occurred at around 4:30 p.m. on Monday, 26 Asad, inside the compound of Sham-e Hedayat Private School in Mahdiya Township, in the Dasht-e Barchi area of Kabul, within the jurisdiction of the city’s 18th security district.
Local sources also said in the immediate aftermath of the explosion that an individual had thrown an explosive device into the schoolyard from outside. However, official details regarding the exact circumstances of the incident have not yet been released.
The Taliban have confirmed that the explosion occurred but have so far provided no further details about how the incident took place or the identity of any potential perpetrators.
According to published reports, around 50 students were injured in the incident. The exact number of casualties and the current condition of those injured have not yet been officially confirmed.
Writer:Salima Aryaei








